Be Smart with your Money.
An ATM card is a quick and easy way to access your money. Before you start using a card, we want to help you make good decisions to avoid mistakes down the road.
How an ATM Works: When we issue you a card, the card has a number and you select a PIN (Personal Identification Number) that allows you to use the card. An ATM Card is NOT a credit or debit card – it is tied directly to your savings or checking to allow you to deposit or withdraw money through an ATM.
Let’s break it down…
Before you use the ATM, you need to know a few things.
- Once you choose your PIN (Personal Identification Number), KEEP IT PRIVATE – don’t write it on your card, don’t let someone go get your money out for you, and make sure no one is watching over your shoulder when you use the ATM.
- If you lose your card, call Meridia (716-648-4411) immediately. There is a replacement fee for a new card.
- If you are making a deposit in an ATM, you need an envelope.
Ready to go? This is how you use the machine:
- Put your card into the machine.
- Enter your PIN on the keypad.
- Select the type of transaction (withdrawal or deposit)
- Choose where the money will come from (savings, checking, etc.)
- Select the amount to withdraw (max per day is $500 or your balance, whichever is less)
- Review your receipt – make sure everything is correct!
- Take your money, your card and your receipt.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do when i receive my card in the mail?
You will need to activate your ATM card from the phone number we have on your account. Call the number on the removable sticker [(800) 757-9848] on the card to activate, and you will then select your 4 digit PIN.
What do I do if I forget my PIN?
If you forget your PIN, you will need the card in your possession when you call (800) 757-9848 to select a new PIN.
Can I use my ATM Card at stores to buy things?
No – your ATM card is only used for using ATMs.
Are there fees to use my ATM Card?
If you use your Meridia ATM Card at Meridia owned ATM Machines, you will not be charged a fee. We are also part of the CU 24 Network which offer surcharge free ATM use. Find out where you can use your ATM card with no fees. Additionally, Hamburg High School students have the benefit of a branch right in the school that has an ATM to use.
How much can I take out of my account?
You can withdraw up to $500 a day, or your account balance … whichever is less. So, if you have $125 in your account, that is the most you can take out. If you have $1,250 in your account, you can take up to $500 per day.
Can I deposit money in an ATM?
You can only deposit at Meridia Owned ATMs listed on the website, or, if you are a Hamburg High School student, you may also use the ATM located in front of the Meridia Branch next the cafeteria.
LET’s GET STARTED!
- Stop in the branch and complete an ATM Card Application.
- Read the information on the Overview and FAQ tabs on this page.
- Complete the information below and click “SUBMIT”.
- Your card will be ordered and mailed to you in a plain envelope. Review the FAQs tab for what you will need to do once you receive it.
Go in the right direction with Meridia.
What is an ATM card and how do you use it?